Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Watched the Watchmen


As a follow-up to the last post, and having now seen the Watchmen movie I can answer the question from my last blog post: Will Watchmen translate well to a film? In a word, yes the story does make the transition well, and the movie is a very faithful adaptation of the source material. Zack Snyder does as good a job as I think could've been done with the material to put it on the silver screen in a three hour chunk that keeps the viewer invested and interested. Yes there have been changes made to the story's conclusion, but personally I think the movie's version of the climax makes more sense than the comic's. Overall I'd say if you're a fan of the Watchmen book the movie will not disappoint you.

Also it's a little late this week, but the new SpotCast is going up today, it's rendering as I type this.

No comments: