Monday, January 26, 2009

The Nominations Are In...

The Oscar nominations have been released by the academy and while I expected it I'm still a little disappointed that the Dark Knight wasn't nominated for best picture. I feel like it's status as a genre pic, and a comic book movie to boot is what held it back in the academy's eyes, and while I could just be overly critical of their decision it still saddens me. On a good note Mickey Rourke is up for best actor for his role in The Wrestler which is an excellent movie, if you haven't seen it yet I highly suggest you go right now. However regarding The Wrestler, Bruce Springsteen's amazing song The Wrestler written for the movie was completely shafted by the academy in the best original song category. Overall I give the oscars this year the thumbs down, how dare they not recognize The Boss.

No comments: