Monday, February 2, 2009

Tapping the Tween Crowd

The teeny-bopper crowd has struck yet again turning the film Twilight into a money-making powerhouse. I haven't seen the film so I can't judge it, for all I know it could be a masterful piece of cinema that would take my three sizes too small heart and enlarge it to the point of causing a massive coronary attack. Until I see it I'll continue to assume it's as horrible as I imagine. However bad it may be it is box office gold and movie studios will no doubt capitalize on it and pop out a few clones. I took three minutes earlier today to shamelessly toss my hat into the Twilight-clone ring by writing a 100-page treatment for "Rory O'Connor and Juliet," a Romeo and Juliet story of a forbidden love between a leprechaun and a human girl.

"Totally"

Of course I've taken steps to ensure the script is full of nods to today's teenagers so they feel like they can relate. There's the League of Leprechauns (the LOL,) their battle-trained pack of attack tigers (the LOLCatZ,) and Rory's sidekick is a CGI leprechaun Red Skelton (I think I may have missed the mark on that one.) Yes I'm sure the studios will be tripping over themselves to option this baby.

"I dinnae care about gold anymore Juliet, at the end of me rainbow is you"

No comments: