Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscars

Yay the oscars were last night and boy were they an exciting event. Slumdog Millionaire took every other movie at the place, swept them under the rug, and then stomped them into submission winning eight out of the ten awards it was up for. Eight is a pretty hefty number, and while I havent actually seen the picture (its on my to-see list) Im gonna go ahead and assume it wasnt entirely deserving of them all. As for the show itself I think it was a bit more entertaining than previous years, and Jackman did a fine job as master of ceremonies. Waltz with Bashir walked away empty handed despite all the critical acclaim its received (it also is on the to-see list.) Lets see what else..., hmm...., oh yeah MICKEY ROURKE DAMN YOU ACADEMY. I havent seen Milk and I hear from credible sources the Sean Penn is amazing in it, but still the Rourke was amazing in The Wrestler. This weeks SpotCast is going to be an Oscars special so be sure and check that out (we are totally on iTunes.) For this post I decided to exclude apostophres. Why you ask? Because my last drink wasnt stiff enough.

No comments: